Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Concept Evaluation














Critique/Analyse the work


This work by Martin Yang from AGIDEALS conference. We can see this nice work is constitue by many traditional pattern, but the designer Martin Yang used strong colour make them had the modern style. It very interesting when we see this work, we can feel the indigenous Taiwan culture and modern style get together this graphic. This graphic use 3 colours, blue, yellow and red, when this three colours constitue will create strong visual impact and create them more modern style.

However this graphic also has some deficients, there are too many elements on the graphic,
when people see it, we can't find the most improtant pattern, at the same time it make people's
eyes confusion.

 

Review and assess how well it conveys this concept.



My advise for this concept is delete some graphic, maybe some of them are not very improtant, for a designer the most improtant thing is know what is the most improtant graphic you want show, the other graphic are ornament the most improtant graphic, and the other graphic I think it need more mellow and full, course the shape of the eyes are very aswome, maybe the designer doesn't expression his meaning clear, but I think  the traditional art alsoneeds clear shape.














2 comments:

  1. Sonny,

    To pass this class you need to:
    - present your logo concepts and development to the class.
    - Scan in sketches of your logo to your blog.
    - Comment on a class mates post.
    - Address copyright issues in relation to stock images and fonts.

    Cheers,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane,
      This is sonny, thanks you tell me what's problem in my homework.
      -Presentation my logo concepts in the class I really have had do it to the class before, I remember you marked on your book.
      -I have had scan my logo sketches on my blog, but the logo sketches were old three concepts, after that I develop my logo form the concept, need I scan my new logo sketch on my blog? If I need I will photo it and put it on my blog because there is not scan machine in my home.
      -I have had comment on a class mate's post in his post before, I remember the classmate is Tia, but he hasn't comment mine, but now I check his blog I can't find my comment, please believe me, I don't know why the comment disappear, but I comment again now, please check it on his blog.
      Avoid the comment get some problems again, I write the comment on here also:
      "This three concepts are all good, one of them is a hand hold the trident, this one is looks very strong, the trident means power and hand hold it, makes people feel hold the power. The other one is a man's head, I think if you use it for your logo, you should draw it coarse, because the logo seldom use the really people, the last one is my most like, the pattern on the trident side are very beautiful, they combine are very nature when I saw them at first time, you just develop the appearance and chose the right colour."
      -The last problem I wrote now and sent it on my blog, please check it.
      Thanx for your help.

      Cheers
      Sonny

      Delete